Just ordered the Slate 36" griddle.

Order canceled. I was too late and it was back ordered But I placed it anyway at the time. Looks like another 4 to 6 weeks before it would have shipped Based on customer service representative.

Oh well.

They are out there but they seem to be very popular.....after I received mine I went back to the site and they were sold out.
I won't lie at all, it is quite a nice piece of machinery.....can I say that?
It has all the right features and I love the carbon steel........I love it so much I am going to be replacing all my cooking pans to carbon steel here in the next little bit.
I paid probably about 1.5 times the price of the Blackstone......I regret nothing.

Starting to get a few more pics of some food on it......by the time your are ready for a pic it's time to move the food.....
Diners that took me an hour indoors now seems to take me 15 - 20 minutes on the slate.

Yea I was at Lowes and the Blackstones are huge, nice with air fryers attatched?
Menard's has pit boss griddles which are also very nice, nice.
Home Depot has the Loco which has smart temp?
So many options. The MM was a one of a kind deal for me so a no brainer.
When we wear this out it will be interesting to see what's next.

I dig my Blackstone a lot.
It does have an air fryer that I maybe have 2-3 times this last few years so that means nothing to me.
If I was getting a new griddle I’d pick the best deal rather than a brand name if it saved a lot of money because they all are pretty simple and similar imo.
I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the igniters and gas valves are built under the same roof.

Got it all set up on the back porch. This thing is built like a tank. Added one layer of seasoning. The manual said I did not have to but if I wanted to I could. So I did. I used vegetable oil.

Took the temp after the griddle stopped smoking. Hit 650° with all four burners on high.

Attachments

• 20240706_155859.jpg
    20240706_155859.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240706_145850.jpg
    20240706_145850.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 12

Back