Just ordered summit kamado

WooHoo! Kamado arrived yesterday but had a Christmas party to attend. Got to set it up tonight, only took about an hour and 15 minutes to set up. Only issue was the top air damper is Loooooooose. It spins around when you raise it. Called Weber and sent them a video, new damper on the way!
I do like the beefy lower charcoal grate. The upper isn’t bad either. The hinge system was well thought out. Super easy compared to the BGE hinge. Like the looks of the thermometer. Nice labeling and shading gradients of temp and effect. The Weber nameplate seems to be straight!
The packaging was also excellent. 98% recyclable. The amount of plastic (just for smaller parts) will fit in a baggie.

Now time to build my grate system!

Thanks everyone for the advise! Now just need to make room for that ‘free’ one I’m going to win on the Christmas drawing…LOLE52B5694-C38C-4D15-B1C1-E9667B062717.jpeg2CA20A3C-26A2-483B-AAA0-19893C415761.jpeg

I have no idea, but in the picture there seems to be a bit of "out of round" at the 7 o'clock position when closed, or 11 o'clock postion when open.
Ah I see it is gasket stuck on a flat surface, no harm.

I forgot how clean it looks when new. Good on you for buying the E6. You have some collection going on there. You might be able to sell a few of those as your E6 will take the place of some. Looking forward to seeing your cooks. Enjoy and congratulations!

I have no idea, but in the picture there seems to be a bit of "out of round" at the 7 o'clock position when closed, or 11 o'clock postion when open.
Ah I see it is gasket stuck on a flat surface, no harm.
I saw the same thing, either out of round, or the gasket is not completely on, or the photo is just from on odd angle.
Congrats and looking forward to your cooks!

I think the loose top damper is a common problem. It's annoying to have to check and reset it every time you lift the lid.
Is it supposed to have enough resistance to not spin loosely? Maybe as the gunk builds up it'll stay in position.

Looks like your gasket is not fixed on, you can see the empty hole. Not sure what's missing. I'll have to have a look at mine.

Really enjoyed my cooks so far. It's a learning curve after years of kettles and WSM.

I think the loose top damper is a common problem. It's annoying to have to check and reset it every time you lift the lid.
Is it supposed to have enough resistance to not spin loosely? Maybe as the gunk builds up it'll stay in position.

Looks like your gasket is not fixed on, you can see the empty hole. Not sure what's missing. I'll have to have a look at mine.

Really enjoyed my cooks so far. It's a learning curve after years of kettles and WSM.
Yeah, as you use it, it gunks up with smoke and grease and eventually tightens up. BabyBackManiac suggested smearing a little bit of bacon grease on it, which did help in my case.

Yeah, the gasket retaining clip was out of the hole. I put it back in place after the pic. True, the air vent will gunk up over time, but should have some resistance. It’s just a rivet holding it together and it is not putting enough tension on the two pieces of aluminum. I could also remove it and tap it with a drift and it would tighten up, but I hate to ’fix’ a new kamado. If you have one loose like that, they will replace it. Side note, BGE air cap was similar that it would lose it‘s setting once you opened the lid- it does gunk up and will start to stick but they also redesigned their lid to address this issue.
Oh, not selling any grills. I will most likely move one performer to my toyhauler ( to replace my gasser), but they all have a specific purpose. One for Vortex wings and one for rotisserie.

It’ll stop spinning very quickly once you cook on it. Mine was the same way when new and now it holds its position perfectly once set and remains set even on multiple lid openings. It’s still the best cooker I’ve ever owned. Absolutely love this grill.

Back