Just Assembled the new EX4 - Weber Connect App

Brian-W-Oz

Hi guys, First time post so please be kind.

Just finished assembly of my new EX4 which I picked up this morning. All went fairly easy apart from the rear grill flavor bar bracket was very tight to fit, noticed the inside left side panel was not seated back against the side (hard to explain) but I used a soft mallet to gently tap the inner corner and it then fitted ok.
Switched on and downloaded the connect app, which did the usual new software download, took about 30 mins.

It connected by bluetooth to my iphone fine then but I was running out of time so will do the burn in tomorrow.

My question is how do I connect to my house wifi ? I assume the controller is wifi enabled ? only the manual speaks of bluetooth connection only as far as I could see.
My lid is a bit skewed out of alignment but I suppose I can adjust that later.

Overall pleased with the unit, but now have a mountain of cardboard to take for recycling.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your EX4. To connect to wifi you tap the settings wheel, top right, on the app. The app will walk you through setup. My lid was off just a bit but after I burned it out the lid settled in. If you do need to you can adjust it. Have fun.

If you do Facebook, there's a "down under" group and they would be a good source of info about pellets available and other stuff unique to Aussies. I know a couple of their members and they're good guys. Just a thought.

Thanks Lew, I awoke this morning to pouring rain ! so hopefully it will clear later to continue my exploits with the new toy.

We've had a very hot summer here in West Oz so the rain is very welcome, unlike over East where major flooding has taken place recently.
Good job I bought the cover too as it does catch some weather where I positioned it, no pellets in it to get damp yet though.
I'll have to reconsider where I'm keeping it as our winters can be very wet.

Cheers and beers for the reply, I'll look into the FB thing as I do have an account..

I thought that my lid was racked as well, turned out to be the level of the area that it was sitting on. On perfectly level ground the lid fits perfect. Roll it around to different areas and see if that is the case. You may be able to compensate for that by adjusting the casters up/down to adjust for the unevenness. Hope this helps.

Charlie

My EX6 lid was also not aligned properly, it hits the side before it closes completely. Weber sent a new lid, have to wait for warmer weather to do the swap.

Follow up, manged to connect to my home wifi no probs, did the burn off, wow this thing gives off some heat at 300c !
Following day cleaned out and put in my wet cured pork belly bacon at 95c. Did smokeboost for 30mins then took 3 hours to come up to 65c internal.

After 2 hours of smoking the bacon I put in a cheesy potato bake (foil covered) to start to cook, big mistake as the 100c no where near hot enough to even soften the potatoes.

Any way after the bacon finished I turned it up to 260c then cooked my New York Strip steak, one of the best steaks I've ever cooked ! even my wife had to agree it was so good.

We had some bacon today and that was perfect too. Next time I'll cook the potato bake as it should be done on 180c for 1 1/2 hours, last 40mins uncovered to get some flavor and crisp up on top.

All in a great success. More work needed on my timings as we didn't eat till 9-00pm !

I did have some grease drip from bottom RH side where drum meets side after searing the steak, maybe my floor has a tilt on it as mentioned.
Will investigate this further but I do intend to fit bigger casters anyway, as my pillow top paving makes moving a struggle.

Cross section on my little slow cooked Tri Tip. Let it set up in fridge overnight and sliced up today for sandwich.
Nice smoke flavor an smoke ring.
Hope you enjoy your new Smokefire.
B4437413-5B4D-46B3-A697-8560DA9066FD.jpeg

Last edited:
I replaced my casters and used the new ones to increase my right hand height 1/2”, leveling everything out.
I think they are money well spent.

Back