JuneOS Update 2491

LKruse

TVWBB Fan
Just read there is a new JuneOS update 2491. Installed it tonight with no issues. Just connect with your phone and leave SF on for 20-30 minutes and then shutdown. Turn unit back on and go to about and you should see juneOS Lite 1.4 (2491).

Version 2491 (Available 11/5)

General device enhancements and bug fixes for improved product performance

Really hoping that fixes the temperature target temp from diapearring.

Looking forward to firing it up this evening.

Just read there is a new JuneOS update 2491. Installed it tonight with no issues. Just connect with your phone and leave SF on for 20-30 minutes and then shutdown. Turn unit back on and go to about and you should see juneOS Lite 1.4 (2491).

Version 2491 (Available 11/5)

General device enhancements and bug fixes for improved product performance
I installed it but won't be cooking for about 10 days. Their description of what it does is useless. "General device enhancements" ?????

I installed it but won't be cooking for about 10 days. Their description of what it does is useless. "General device enhancements" ?????
Well actually for many SF owners there was a major flaw in the current update. The controller would lose track of the temperature it was supposed to go to.
Very frustrating! It would send the SF into huge fluctuations in temperature.
many of us are hoping this fixes that issue. Weber has informed us that it should.

Well actually for many SF owners there was a major flaw in the current update. The controller would lose track of the temperature it was supposed to go to.
Very frustrating! It would send the SF into huge fluctuations in temperature.
many of us are hoping this fixes that issue. Weber has informed us that it should.
Good to know. Where did you see what the update fixed? I missed that.

I don’t, I had the set temp disappear on me and reached out to Weber. I know a few guys who had the same problem and we were all waiting on Weber for the update.

The issue with the prior triple update was that the controller could lose temp set point. This was displayed by 3 dashes rather than the desired temp. Once the controller loses temp, it does not know if it should put in pellets, blow fan, etc. As a result, the temp drops until you either get a low temp warning or a no pellet warning. Both of these result in a shut down. If you catch the loss of temp setting, you can manually re-enter it. If the temp has not dropped much, the SF may recover. If the temp drops more, when you re-enter the temp, you will get a pellet dump and flare up. These temp losses have been random with certain users getting a lot and others none at all.

Back