jumping on the bandwagon

Kevin Thomas

TVWBB Member
I can't begin to tell you guys how much good info I've picked up from this site. Major props!!

I used to have a cheap offset, but I had so many problems regulating the temp. that I sold it and have been using a gas smoker for the last five years or so. I felt a little more confident using it, but wanted to try some BBQ without "cheating." During my research I came across this website and became hooked after all the rave reviews. I've ordered a WSM and it should be delivered on Thursday. This weekend should be fun.

Thanks also for all the good info about Paul Kirk's BBQ class. I'm seriously thinking about signing up for the one in KC in May.

Kevin....lov'n the WSM south of the river in OP. I have had mine about a year and it is amazing, never a cook that people didn't rave about. Listen to the pros on this site and you will not have a bad experience, ever. Wish you the best of luck!

Kevin,

A friend at work also struggled with an off-set smoker for like 9 months. He finally gave in and purchased a WSM. Like me, he loves it - I think you will too.

-Albert

I am a convert from Brinkman charcoal smoker. My gripe about it was no way to control temp. Not to mention no place for the ash to go. After 6 or 7 hours the temp dropped off from ash build up. I never smoked anything but ribs on the brinkman. The WSM has opened a whole new world to me. Pork butt, brisket, turkey. You name it. I am glad I found this site. I don't know what I would be smokin with if I hadn't.

I love my WSM. The only thing I would change if I could is make it larger diameter.

Back