Jumbo Joe "N" rehab

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
I got a basket case Jumbo Joe in trade deal. It's missing the dampers, wire lid lock and the wood handle is toast.

Ordered the parts from Weber along with a few other items (since the Free Shipping offer is on!), but there was some confusion regarding the handles when everything arrived. They sent all Charcoal Grey handles, no big deal but they didn't send the type for the Platinum. Got it all straightened out with CS, but I inquired about the color choices and was told there were none.

Anyone got any gripes about the new Grey handles?

I'll post some pics of the transformation soon.

weber has officially gone to the dark grey ones. far as i'm concerned the light colored ones were a huge mistake on webers part. i totally hate them. if you want wood handles there are folks here who can make them.

Yeah, Weber, as good as they are about Customer Service, is not so good about customer CHOICE! You can have it in any color you want, as long as you want the one they make it in (and sell here in the U.S.)!

Pat (who is still smarting that they wouldn't sell me a black Q320 lid!)

maybe they don't have any to spare at the moment. if you want the whitish handles i'm sure you could find someone to trade with.

Back