July 4th charcoal cooking. Which grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig H

TVWBB Super Fan
Happy Birthday America!

My fellow kettleheads, what are you guys and gals cooking and which weber charcoal kettle (or kettles) are you cooking on? We're using the 22.5 redhead "Gold" One Touch to cook up some marinated brats, Fairbury red hot dogs and hot italian sausage. Get to break in the new work table and slide aside for real this time. My neighbors insist I dont need to bring my grill down and just use their gasser but thats like telling a mechanic not to bring his own wrench.

Brisket on the WSM, and used that as an excuse to pull the cover off of the red kettle. Gotta have someplace to set the chimney starter, you know!

Have been giving the comp trailer the mid-summer clean in the SC heat. Keeping it simple and braising rib tips on the Weber B.

I played a one hour concert in Cambridge, Maryland of all-American music with my 50 piece community band starting at 7pm:
www.mscb.org
Followed that with waterside fireworks viewing and grilling at a fellow band members home. Another fellow band member brought his 22.5" OTS for grilling of too many Nathan's dogs to count. Also, the home-owner had a home-made fire-pit (I-beams and brick) on which we did S'Mores over a glowing pile of cherry-wood coals for the kids. I just finished unloading and cleaning up. I am exhausted and it was totally worth it. Happy Independence Day!

Two 11 pound pork butts on the UDS, 60 brats, 25 hotdogs, 20 hotdogs from hell (spicy ones) on the preformer and the frank-in-webber at the same time.

Kettleheads.....just love it and I guess I am a true kettlehead for sure.
Spares on the the performer and butt on the Smokey Joe gold mini smoker.
Just doesn't get any better than this.

I did 75 burgers on a roached out redhead using my flat cast iron plate. I did 24 brats and a brat hot tub, on Mesa Azul. We did 24 hot dogs and 24 francheezies on the 26. Was an epic day. We also fired up the brat hot tub at 10:00 at night and had some more as we floated around in the pool, then someone set up a screen and got a projector and Star Wars was played until midnight,

Mexican Shredded Beef on the OTG subbing Round Steak (Fantastic!)
Burnt ends from a leftover point on the WSM with some ABT's. Hotter than heck outside, but a great time with the family!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back