Jonesing

Arthur Squires

TVWBB Member
I couldn't take it any more so I have a butt and two turkey breast on the pitt right now. the weather isnt to bad here just a bit of wind. Hopefully tonight around 7 ish we will be eating turkey for dinner.

Wish me luck, i think i am going to need it!!

Art

Hello Susan,

The wind is really pretty light so I dont have a real wind break the pitt is set down in the snow with a wall of the stuff about a foot high around the bottom. I am hoping that will be enough so far so good it is about an hour i and the therm. in the top vent is reading 240F.

Art

Well here it is 3 am and The but is stuck at 160F. The pitt is still running at right at 250F and have only added about a coffee can full of Kingsford, so I am pretty happy about that. The breasts i took off at 7.30 pm last night foiled and let stand half an hour carved up and served, the family loved it, man I have been missing that flavor!

Matt - Sorry, but i dont have a camera.but i will talk to a buddy and see if i can borrow his digital tomorrow.

Art

Wee, Arthur, I imagine your butt's gotten through the plateau. Is it done yet? Having butt for breakfast (love it mixed with eggs)?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Us Florida boys can't use a snow mountain to block wind!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. The hurricanes wiped out my grill gazebo (once festooned with orchids and other tropical regalia, a very nice set-up) which I've yet to re-build--soon, soon...

Hey All,
Well the butt is done! I took it off the pitt at 6 am and foiled it and just took it out of the cooler and shredded it. Happy just doesnt seem to cover it! Turkey breast last night, Pulled Pork tonight, man we live in a great time.
I am happy about the pitt, this was my first real 'winter' smoke and it went without a hitch, at 9am this morning the pitt was still running at 220F, I did add fuel at about 11pm last night but it was just a large coffee can full of kingsford. The wind was on my side.

Well now I have clean up and work.

Art

Back