Jerky Slicer (Small)

Sam-TX

TVWBB Fan
I have about five 2-lb chunks of select round steak in the freezer that I intend to turn into jerky or deli meat (if someone has some suggestions?).

I have a method of making beef jerky that's very fast, efficient, and produces excellent results, but I'm hand cutting all my pieces, so the results are inconsistent.
This creates a pain as the drying process wraps up and the different size slices finish at different times (with an up to 2 hour differential between them!)

I toyed with getting an electric slicer, but for its price (only considering quality), size, and the fact that it would be used MAX once a month, I don't think it's right for me.

Does someone have a recommendation for a small manual slicer for beef jerky? The ones I see on amazon all have mediocre reviews. They also include a knife which I don't want to spend money on as I have enough knives.

Those look like good replacements for free hand slicing. The cost of commercial jerky might justify any cost of the tools. (y) Plus homemade seems better anyway.
There's a reason it's expensive. 2 lbs of meat (at $3.50/lb) fills one large style pickle jar after 24-48 hours of marinating, and 6-10 hours smoking/drying. It's a lot of work!

Joe I saw those. The 2nd one is the style I think would be good. Anyone know a high quality example of one of those?

Back