Jealous Devil lump

JohnTak

TVWBB Pro
I have noticed that the last 2 bags of JD Chunks, the size of the chunks are very consistent. Most are like large briquette size with some larger chunks mixed in. In the past there were huge to medium pieces. I like the more even sized pieces in the bags now, less work of me breaking the huge ones down. 👍

I go through a bag every couple of weeks......but I buy many at a time.
I see no change yet, my bags almost all the same.
3 or 4 big chunks I usually break up....actually I usually toss them all in an empty JD bag and use a hammer on them when the bag is about 3/4 full.
It creates another bag of charcoal kind of.
7/8ths of the bag I find to be as you described.....one may say perfect.
Usually I find very little waste at the bottom, but I have encountered a few bags with a tad more than I would like to see of waste.
It may be 1 in 10.....maybe 8 and I can really understand how that can happen.......all bags will have a couple handfuls of dust and crumbs.......

I go through a bag every couple of weeks......but I buy many at a time.
I see no change yet, my bags almost all the same.
3 or 4 big chunks I usually break up....actually I usually toss them all in an empty JD bag and use a hammer on them when the bag is about 3/4 full.
It creates another bag of charcoal kind of.
7/8ths of the bag I find to be as you described.....one may say perfect.
Usually I find very little waste at the bottom, but I have encountered a few bags with a tad more than I would like to see of waste.
It may be 1 in 10.....maybe 8 and I can really understand how that can happen.......all bags will have a couple handfuls of dust and crumbs.......
I'm glad they still have some big chunks, I save those also for longer cooks. Since I use WSK for charcoal cooking my stash lasts a lot longer than when I was using the 26", the 26" was like a big block gas hog. Lot of power but used fuel like crazy. :LOL:

I'm glad they still have some big chunks, I save those also for longer cooks. Since I use WSK for charcoal cooking my stash lasts a lot longer than when I was using the 26", the 26" was like a big block gas hog. Lot of power but used fuel like crazy. :LOL:
I bet.
I have yet to find a foreign object in my bag as well as a few have noted here.
Not that it really matters besides you are paying for waste......Other brands I say hey I will try a bag, most of the time I find something strange in there.....then I don't try them again......mostly because I love the JD the most......most expensive but best I can find.

I found 2 pieces of clay in my only bag and it's filled with small pieces (I am guessing it was the bottom of the kiln and should not have been sent out). It was from Home Depot. I did reach out to them and stated if I sent a picture of the clay pieces, they would replace. I didn't take a picture of it, and offered to send a picture of the little pieces, but haven't gotten a response to that. It took about 10 business days to get the first response and it's been a week since I sent my last email. It seems like I am more the exception. I used their briquettes for some ribs a couple weeks back and they worked well. NOTE / EDIT: I did just get notice, they are sending me a new bag of the lump, so they are making it right for me.

I've had rocks and clay in lump. It happens. No pattern on brand. I think I've had 8 to 10 forty pound bags of JD without any debris.

Back