It's not a Weber, but...

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
...it's way cool.

This is the combination grill/firepit at the historic Blue Swallow Motel in Tucumcari, NM, where my wife and I stayed earlier this year. The story as I recall it is that a Texas metalworks owner and his wife stayed at the Blue Swallow a few years back and enjoyed it so much that he built and delivered a grill as a gift because at that time the motel didn't have one. This is actually the 2nd one he built; I don't remember the details but there was something about the 1st one that he didn't like or he wanted to make some changes or something like that.

BlueSwallowMotelTucumcariNM20200312_1.jpg

We're hoping to stay there again next year (and also visit Watson's BBQ) and if all goes according to plan I'm going to grill a nice big steak on that bad boy!

Not really. We drove to AZ to see some Spring Training baseball (and meet Chris Allingham and the Lampes) and Tucumcari was our 1st overnight stay on the way home. We did try to incorporate some 66 when it was feasible (we took it east to St. Jon the next morning) and we did more 66-related stuff when we took this same trip 2 years ago. I'm currently working on the 2021 itinerary and 66 is definitely in play.

Back