It's HUGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett_Roundy

TVWBB Fan
Picked up a 21 pound chuck roll at Cash&Carry, just under $2/pound. It's huge! Went on at 7:30 last night and now at 2pm it's at 160 internal ... can't wait to see how it turns out /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Brett, more details please. How did you prepare it? How you cookin' it? Keep us posted.
Eastside? Where? Good to have another Sounder on the site /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

attachment.php

Brett, that looks awsome!!! A little bark, alot of bark . . You can always scrape or cut off the extra. Get us a pic of the inside!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Leaves on your deck? No snow in Seattle!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Hays:
[qb] Brett, that looks awsome!!! A little bark, alot of bark . . You can always scrape or cut off the extra. Get us a pic of the inside!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Leaves on your deck? No snow in Seattle!! [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>no snow??

this was about a week ago:

attachment.php

Brett,
What times dinner I'm only 30 minutes away /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I like to foil at 150-160 then it's slicing time around 185 and pulling time at 195.
Enjoy,

I have no idea when it'll be done...never smoked anything this big...

I foiled at about 165 and will take it off the smoker at 195, let it sit in the foil until it's not so hot it burns my hands, then pull it...

Fired it up last night MM with wild cherry from my back yard...rubbed it about an hour before it went on with a simple rub of kosher salt, raw sugar, paprika, onion, garlic, and a few herbs...added some more fuel noonish today and at the same time basted with some cherry juice...

when it's done some of this bad boy is going directly into a pot of Chilli Colorado (approx 2 pounds smoked and 3 pounds raw chuck) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Brett, When the weather really gets bad, my '87 Fiero GT has to park outside so that my baby can get in out of the elements. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif This was taken this evening. Can't wait to see yours carved. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

32568906.jpg

Brett,

Very Impressive!!!! Thanks for the pictures as well. You folks above the Mason-Dixon line are much more resiliant than we are. At 40 degrees we're all packed up and hibernating. Guess that's why we lost the War.....

Would you mind posting your Chilli Colorado recipe in the Recipe Forum please? Looks like good stuff!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Clay:
[qb] Brett, just curious. What was the final time on that CR? [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Just under 22 hours at 250 at the lid. Quite a bit sooner than I thought it would be, but quite delicious /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oooooh, maaaaaan!!! *DROOL*

Nice job, Brett! Yep, that's a decent smoke ring for a 20+ chucker. The Chili Colorado has me running for the napkins...to wipe up my drool! Do post the recipe, my friend!

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert:
[qb] Brett,

Where did you get the Chili Colorado recipe?

-Albert /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>it's funny...I have tons of cook books, and my favorite one for Mexican food is an old paperback magazine sized one I've had for years printed by Sunset magazine...all the recipes are great...I'll post the Chili Colorado recipe when I get a chance to type it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back