It's here and assembled! but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Prince

TVWBB Fan
..the charcoal chimney is not and I cannot find it by tracking it (ordered all from amazon, smoker arrived in very good shape via ups).

can I smoke something anyway without using the charcoal chimney? ..have never really used charcoal before, thanks/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

also suggestions about what meat to cook first would be great. Dp

Charcoal chimney is nice but not required. You just need a way to light the coals.

I would light the coals using a little lighter fluid, firestarter ribbon, or some of those weber firestarter brick things. Make sure ALL of the coals are well lit and ashed over before you put them in your smoker to make sure all accelerant is thoroughly burned before you smoke.

Good luck. Have fun.

-Matt

David
Most hardware stores carry a charcoal chimney, firestarter cubes also work, I personely would stay away from lighter fluids or match lite product.
Jim

Try this
41603.gif

OK, that may be overkill. Try one of these
35841.gif

It's from Harbor Freight, you can also get them at Home Depot, etc. Just put the coals in the ring and torch some, then let the rest catch on their own. You can either put the meat on while the coals are catching (Minion method) or wait until they're all grey. You can't go wrong with pork butt, but it takes a long time. I'd try a chicken to start off with - if you have trouble and the fire gets too hot, it won't hurt the chicken.

I received mine on from Amazon on Friday and the chimney showed up today. Take heart it will come! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

You can always use something like a 3lb coffee can with holes(w/churchkey) punched into the bottom of it....Dwight /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

well I've tracked the chimney and its 60 miles from here so should be here tomorrow..guess my first smoke can wait 24 hours heh/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

on the way to BJ's to buy some meat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back