It's 0500...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob T.

TVWBB Wizard
It's Thursday, 0500, do you know where your Butt is lol?? Mine is on the smoker for the past 13 hours. It's around 37 degress, and I am chewing through the charcoal. Started with the MM. Used the large coffee can in the middle, packed the coal around it, then dumped in the lit coals. Whoever posted that...good idea. Now to get online and order that Guru! Is it best to call and talk to them so they know what all you will need for the WSM? It is to the point where I am let down when I have to eat beef or pork from the oven anymore lol.
Two local stores had a special where if you spent so much the past few weeks, a free turkey is headed your way. I am looking foward to smoking 2 of them!

Bob -- Just got my Guru a week ago. Based on the information on this board, I ordered the Pit Viper 10 cfm fan and the adapter for the WSM. Then I found out about the longer leads so I called them and got the six foot leads on the probes. (longer lead options do not show up on the web site.) I will probably build the fan extension cord eventually, if Radio Shack does not have one ready made. I also got the eyelet kit. I have run one cook with it, a 350F chicken cook.

MAN AM I PLEASED! Check out the temp graph at www.newbunch.com/6chicken.htm Yes, I raised the pit temp in the middle of the cook.

After attaching it to the WSM, I probably did not really NEED the longer probe leads, but, I may have other uses for the Guru in the future that would require them. Better to have and not need.

Oh yeah, With you in PA they probably will take 1 to 2 days to get your order out and you should be in the 1 day UPS zone. Happy Smoking!!

Yup, I do. My Butts are in the fridge. I did 2 8lbs Tuesday/wednseday. They took forever to do, in fact after 20hours I foiled and finished in the oven. It was cold and windy here. I ran the WSM at 225, and started it up mm. Alot of charcoal? LOL I'm glad I was able to find some more at the store. Pit Minder here I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back