It ain’t BBQ but it sure is good

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
With the air quality index over 400 in our hood, it’s time for shredded chicken tacos.

Slow simmered a raw Costco whole chicken till it was 160°F in the breast, pulled and rested it for one hour and then shredded it into large pieces.

Placed it in a sauté pan with orange bell pepper, sliced onion and a bunch of cilantro, spices and some of the chicken stock and cooked it all for 45 mins+ to concentrate the flavors.

Made some seriously good tacos, taco salads and small burritos.

And we don’t have to breathe air that you can cut with a knife.

Attachments

• 6D749484-6F70-4D36-B26C-380725BE03F0.jpeg
    6D749484-6F70-4D36-B26C-380725BE03F0.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 22
  • C5A06BEC-C932-43F6-901D-5EF31D2E3CFA.jpeg
    C5A06BEC-C932-43F6-901D-5EF31D2E3CFA.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 6F6E6B91-CAA4-42ED-BD1C-6E4B03A378E1.png
    6F6E6B91-CAA4-42ED-BD1C-6E4B03A378E1.png
    425.9 KB · Views: 22
When life gives you lemons (or chicken, I guess.....)

Looks good, Brett! We were going to head to Tahoe this week, but opted out due to AQI. Hang in!

When life gives you lemons (or chicken, I guess.....)

Looks good, Brett! We were going to head to Tahoe this week, but opted out due to AQI. Hang in!
Thank you. Super easy to make and quite good too. I was up the hill in Placerville, just below Caldor Fire on Hwy 50 and the air was quite thick there too. Today, in EDH/Folsom, the air was like your fog; couldn't see beyond 1/2 mile. The purpleair.com webpage is solid for clean air info. We use it as our guide to confirm inside/outside activities.

Maybe one day we can do a TVWBB locals meetup and cook. That'd be a tough crowd to please but sure would be a good time.

Consider Monterey this weekend. Their weather was still clear last time I checked. And who could pass up great Italian seafood there?

Thank you. Super easy to make and quite good too. I was up the hill in Placerville, just below Caldor Fire on Hwy 50 and the air was quite thick there too. Today, in EDH/Folsom, the air was like your fog; couldn't see beyond 1/2 mile. The purpleair.com webpage is solid for clean air info. We use it as our guide to confirm inside/outside activities.

Maybe one day we can do a TVWBB locals meetup and cook. That'd be a tough crowd to please but sure would be a good time.

Consider Monterey this weekend. Their weather was still clear last time I checked. And who could pass up great Italian seafood there?
Yeah, we started using purpleair.com last year during fire season. We're at 76 here today.....think we'll just stick close to home.

A local meet up would be fun! I'm easy to please......just feed me, and keep the beer cold! :)

R

It is amazing the stuff that comes up on this site. I never knew about Purple air before. Why is the air so bad where you are now?

It is amazing the stuff that comes up on this site. I never knew about Purple air before. Why is the air so bad where you are now?
very major fire around 25 miles away in the El Dorado National Forest and heading possibly into the Tahoe National Forest. the air is like you're camping, around a fire pit, but the air is thick, dirty and heavy. here's a link to the fire zones. you can zoom in and out to see how extensive it is. i'm in insurance so we're heavily wrapped up in this right now: https://maps.nwcg.gov/sa/#/?/?/38.728/-120.3595/11

red is fire in recent 24 hours, orange is 24-48 hours, yellow is 48 hours+ this is a live map and changes often.

pic is of last summer’s fires air quality caused by massive lightning strikes in NorCal coastal communities creating multiple fires which were effecting CA Sacramento Valley.

Attachments

• 5D9452BF-F798-4502-B3C4-59AF0E912DBA.jpeg
    5D9452BF-F798-4502-B3C4-59AF0E912DBA.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 2

Back