issue with my lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Stanek

TVWBB Fan
I just noticed this evening while grilling dinner that the inside coating in my lid is all flaking off. It looks like paint peeling. Don't know what to think.

its just smoke, etc, thats built up. just spray some oven cleaner on it, rest, then scrub and rinse. if its all clean then wash with soap, rinse well and yer good to go.

Thanks George. I'll take a look tonight. I haven't had a chance to get out there and even look.

I looked more like the coating, but you're probably right. I guess I'll find out!

I scrape mine off gently with a grill brush. It doesn't get all of it but it gets most of it and only takes a few seconds.

Yep. It's just smoke and whatever that builds up and peels off on occasion.
A brush, plastic putty knife or an old 5in1 tool will make short work on the flakes.
I like to lift the lid, and give it a whack or two with my other fist, just to see if any flakes are falling off before I fire it up.
Nothing worse than having that fall off on your food during a cook. Yuck!!

Tim

I remember years ago throwing away a Weber lid because I thought the paint was peeling. I got a good laugh when I read a Weber cook book by Jamie Purviance and it addressed this issue stating its not peeling paint, its from the smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back