Is this going to be a disaster?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Has anyone every used Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce prior to smoking?

I was a little adventorous and thought I would try it on my pork butt today.

I used the Succor Rub in the "The Renowned Mr. Brown" recipe after I gave it a thorough rub down with hot wing sauce. I have been spraying it with AJ and a little vinegar because I did not have any cider vinegar on hand to make the Southern Sop.

My wife is picking up some on the way home so I should be able to mop the last few hours with Southern Sop.

Does anyone have any idea how the RedHot will affect the taste of the pulled pork?

Also, I am planning on smoking a brisket and chicken tomorrow for the family and using this pulled pork as a side test item. I will have the smoker fired up tomorrow so should I just reheat in some foil? Should I add some AJ or some leftover Sop?

Thanks!

Should be a beautiful thing. Vinegar and chiles is never bad. I always think pulled pork needs a little kick to make it great. My mouth is watering thinking about it.

Tim

Disaster? No way.

Besides, there is the recipe for the "mustard slathered" butt, and the final product doesn't taste like mustard. The Frank's sauce is definately more potent than a plain yellow mustard, so perhaps a bit of the flavor will seep into the pork. Should be great.

Finished about 10 pm last night after 12 hours of smoking a 7.2 lb shoulder/butt.

It was AMAZING. I pulled it off right at 190 and then pulled the pork by hand immediately. Only a slight hint of the wing sauce, but just enough to give it a little kick.

I am trying it on a brisket as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back