Is there a stoker controller upgrade program?

Gerd H

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey guys, obviously I will reach out to Kenny and John, but they are pretty busy these days it seems. So in the interest of time ...

Does anyone know if they have an option to send in the old white box controller plus a fee for a wifi upgrade to the black box? Couldn't see it on the web site off hand.

thx.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gerd Hilkemeyer:
Hey guys, obviously I will reach out to Kenny and John, but they are pretty busy these days it seems. So in the interest of time ...

Does anyone know if they have an option to send in the old white box controller plus a fee for a wifi upgrade to the black box? Couldn't see it on the web site off hand.

thx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I emailed Rocks on 2/16 and was told by Kevin that at this time they do not have a trade in program or anything. At that time, they were doing a $35-45 discount due to Wifi being delayed. But that sale was supposed to end on the weekend of 2/17.

I've had the older white box for about 4 years and I love it. But having the Wifi version would help cut back on the amount of hardware I have to keep up with (between the wireless bridge for use at home and the extra wireless router to use at competitions).

We are speaking the same language Steve.

I LOVE my white stoker, and my WGA works just fine at home, but it would be nice to streamline the set up. I never bother taking wireless to comps though.

I think the hidden gem on the new black box stoker is the 6th port. That would allow me to run 3 cookers natively on one box. Now, I KNOW that you can add ports with the adapters, but that is the ONE part of the stoker I have personally seen wonky behaviour with, specifically temp probes losing their reading intermittently when plugged in to the port expander. (And yes, I never plug a blower in to an expander, still see probe reading drops).

I ran an Ethernet jack to my garage and use a wired connection to the stoker. Nice and reliable. Wifi that far out from my access point and outside would have been problematic anyway. It might cheaper to run the feed than buying a whole new system.

Amir, wifi on my current white stoker with my Madcatz wireless gaming adapter works flawless. I frankly would not be upgrading to enable network access to the stoker - I already have it! My stoker sits outside, roughly 60 feet from the WAP through several walls with no issues.

My simple reason to upgrade would be:
-Black is pretty cool looking.
-6th probe port natively!
-one less thing (WGA) to plug in at home when I want to run stokerlog
icon_smile.gif
)
-upgrading toys is fun.
-wireless at comps (although I would never likely use)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Finney:
Sell your white box on ebay or this forum and then buy a black box Stoker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all my occasional looking, I have never seen a stoker item on ebay. I think I'll keep the white box.

I do still need a coupel extra blowers if anyone has them (10 cfm).

I bit the bullett and ordered some new goodies from Rock's. Hope they get here soon, can't wait to use the black box.

Back