Is there a door adjustment?

Jeff Foley

Love all the information on this forum with the smokefire.. I've been digging all afternoon but really have not seen anything on the door adjustment.. i noticed my ex6 will sometimes bind on the right side.. like it seems the door itself seems a little off center compared to the actual cooker body.. any info would be great.. and also.. thanks for all the information thats posted here daily!!!
-Jeff

Not quite sure on others experiences, but I noticed my lid was slightly off center and now after a little more than a month of usage, it has a hitch on the right side when closing. I sent Weber some pictures to show it being off a couple weeks ago and I'm awaiting a follow up call from a technician to schedule the installation of a new lid.

Keep us in the loop with that.. cause I can see mine getting a little worse with a few months of use.. heck I've only had mine for roughly 10 days. When I close sometimes it has that hitch on the right side of the cooker.

You can loosen the screws and hinge attachment bolt to adjust the door. Keep in mind that based on the design, if it is not sitting on level ground it will twist the body of the Smokefire. This will cause alignment issues with the door. I've noticed this when I roll my Smokefire around to different parts of my patio. I adjusted mine and added a few washers here and there on the hinge to lid mounting points to get a better gap around my lid, which helped it seal better at the bottom.

Level it left to right and front to back. I have to check mine every time I unwrap it due to pavers moving with the clay soil expansion.

So my lid is a little off I haven’t moved mine for like 3-4 months and it seems a little worse….there needs to be a way to adjust. Right now I just close it slowly and make sure I pull to the side as it closes

Again, adjust the wheels so that the unit is level front to back and side to side. And continue to grab the handle in the middle, not at the ends.

You can loosen the screws and hinge attachment bolt to adjust the door. Keep in mind that based on the design, if it is not sitting on level ground it will twist the body of the Smokefire. This will cause alignment issues with the door. I've noticed this when I roll my Smokefire around to different parts of my patio. I adjusted mine and added a few washers here and there on the hinge to lid mounting points to get a better gap around my lid, which helped it seal better at the bottom.
Dave has the answer.

Same issue here, just not as bad. I had Weber send me a new door, partially due to this, and mostly due to a chip in the porcelain when new. I found that the door alignment was mostly due to the out of level area that it resides in, and when I move it out away from the house, it straightens up. Try it on a known level surface and see if it gets better. I haven't gotten around to trying to replacing the door yet though.

Charlie

My grilling area has a slope to it and the casters I added (Dave recommended) allowed me to level mine out perfectly.
I have my right side 1/2” higher than the left.

Last edited:
It’s funny seeing this bc after testing out for the last week I’m seeing that same “panel gap” on the right side. I’ll have to pull out a level and check it.

Back