Is the cajunbandit ring shorter than the weber roti ring?

Regina S

TVWBB Pro
I just read an article on BBQ Dry rubs.com that webers rotisserie ring is new and improved. It is still the same part number but the box will say that it fits the performer. The article showed that Weber did indeed improve and fit the ring perfectly for the performer/kettles overall and there are no gaps. my question is that it appears the Cajun bandit ring is shorter than the weber rotisserie ring, which would bring the food closer to the grate. Is this a true statement? I have the EZ Que and love it but the rotisserie ring at times seems out of round. Yes I can try to reform it, but I also did not know if the Weber ring is more solid than the one I have.

Yes but it appears that over all the height of the Cajun bandit is shorter than the weber ring which would bring the food on the rotisserie closer tomthe dome of the lid is this true? Thanks for your response Andy.

Thanks Andy,..I found my answer on a thread from 2012 The Cajun Bandit ring is shorter than the weber ring. Still trying to finger out if it makes a big difference in terms of cooking too hot or a problem with temperature control.

I just purchased the CajunBandit. I own both the Performer and the WSM and the CB fits both of them (Just flip over). It is very well made being SS. Haven't used the CB yet...probably this weekend.

Regina, don't over think the height of the ring also depending upon the position of the ring it may determine clearance for the motor counterweight etc. over the table of the Performer. This could be why Weber changed theirs?

The older style Weber ring will bend out of round easily but just as easy it will bend back into shape. I built a ring for my 26 and to me it was more important to have a tight fit for better air control although I had nothing to complain about the with Weber ring. I got great BBQ with the Weber ring but the CB is/was a better built unit. I have not seen the new Weber ring. My new ring is 16 gauge which is heavier than what the Weber was. I'm not sure what gauge the CB is probably 18 gauge. I still think you are better off with the CB Stainless Steel unit.

that's ok Andy,...I do think it is shorter but obviously from reading other threads it doesn't appear to be a problem with the folks that use it.

I have seen the new and improved Weber ring in person and I like that they have dropped the tabs and gone with a tight fitting ring. The thickness of the metal seems to not have changed. I can bend my older weber ring out of round fairly easy so I expect the new one to be no different. I am choosing the Cajun Bandit SS ring for me.

thanks Andy! thanks Steve that is a good point. I have not seen it in person, I am going to try and find it locally, but you are probably right about the thickness. Let me know if you get it if you can feel the difference. Thanks for your time Andy and Steve.

You may want to measure your current kettle to see if it is out of round and if so the Weber ring may be a better fit because it may be able to bend a little to the shape of your kettle.

My two kettles and my WSM bottom are all out of round a little, thus, my stainless CB Stacker is a very tight fit and almost have to force it to fit.

one of the things i do like about the weber ring is that it is tall and you can add a grate to it to make largish smoker out of yer kettle.

Thanks George. I think the weber ring is 7 inches tall, and yes I do like to smoke on my platinum and performer.

Back