Is Pellet Grill Dust Causing Flameouts a Myth????

I definitely agree the software sill needs improvement. This is my first pellet grill but I can see how wet pellets and humidity could have an impact on the performance of the grill. Saturday I ran the SF for 7-8 hours on Smoke Boost (made a lot of jerky) without any issues, brand new bag of Weber pellets but the humidity was 80% all day.

I got in the habit of vacuuming the burn pot and inside of the grill after every use, there were a lot of unburned / half burned pellets but I attributed that to running smoke boost for so many hours. I also empty the hopper every 3rd cook and clean and vacuum it, I think it helps control the pellet dust. The revised firmware, 4035, seems to have limited the reversing of the auger which seems helps the amount of pulverized pellets at the back of the auger.
The struggles you've dealt with on your EX6 makes you a very valuable source of info for me. I got my first pellet pooper 2,5 years ago but I've only had my EX6 3 weeks. I'm committed to the SF as my one, all purpose, BBQ machine and it still has some glitches so I an trying to understand why those glitches happen. I live in Central Florida and have kept pellets in my hopper all the time. I agree that in some circumstances it could cause a problem but I just haven't observed it with 3 different brand grills even when our PM thunderstorms rolled through and drenched my grills. .I'm hopeful that in time Weber will deliver us closer to what they promised in December.

Back