Is my PI dead?

Larry Naylor

TVWBB Member
Have a 4.3 heatermeter and a pi3b+ about a year old about a month ago it started dropping wifi connection now it won't connect at all. Reloaded software and tried new sd card. Reset config will not work and only the red light on the pi lights. I have about 6.5 volts feeding the pi on pin 2&4 on the pi pinout, and 0 volts on pins 1 & 17 which is the 3v3 pins. So i'm suspecting the pi has met it's fate. What would a good replacement be i need wifi . second question is why would the heatermeter be supplying 6.5 volts to the Pi is this what did the pi in? Also i know very little about computers.

Up date with pi removed from heatermeter and powered by a usb or a charger the pi still won't come to life so i guess its dead for sure. When pi is removed from the heater meter the voltage on the pin feeding the pi drops down to 5 volts, from 6.5 volts haven't a clue what's causing that, unless the pi is feeding the 1&1/2 volt back to it, i have no external power applied to the pi when connected to heatermeter Next question what kind of replacement pi should i get i need wifi. I have a router that's 5 gig and 2 gig.Also what will fit in the case

Back