Is CSV Download Capped at 8 hours (480 samples)

JasonB

Built a heatermeter yesterday, have had it running for 24 hours or so just testing and ensuring stability - so far so good!

I noticed the graph data is present for the entire uptime but the CSV download seems to only have the most recent 8 hours (480 samples).

Is this configurable somewhere?

Actually realizing after converting the dates that while its 480 samples its actually 24 hours, samples are just further apart then when I dumped data yesterday (they were 1 minute them)

I guess the data rolls up as it ages? Is the more granular data not kept?

The database stores 1 hour of 10 second average samples, and 6 hours of 1 minute (?) averages, and 12 hours of 2 minute (?) averages, and 24 hours of 5 minute (?) samples. If you download the CSV, you get whatever the "auto" range is that goes back to where your graph started.

If you look at the URL the CSV downloads then you can see it has a nancnt parameter, the different granularities can be selected by specifying which nancnt you want:
460 = 1 hour
360 = 6 hours
240 = 12 hours
0 = 24 hours

Each individual database is a rolling window though, so at the end of 24 hours, the 1 hour database only has the past 1 hour.

The database stores 1 hour of 10 second average samples, and 6 hours of 1 minute (?) averages, and 12 hours of 2 minute (?) averages, and 24 hours of 5 minute (?) samples. If you download the CSV, you get whatever the "auto" range is that goes back to where your graph started.

If you look at the URL the CSV downloads then you can see it has a nancnt parameter, the different granularities can be selected by specifying which nancnt you want:
460 = 1 hour
360 = 6 hours
240 = 12 hours
0 = 24 hours

Each individual database is a rolling window though, so at the end of 24 hours, the 1 hour database only has the past 1 hour.

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying this for me.

Back