is $100 a good price for this performer?

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
asking for a friend. Is it a 22 inch? I'm not familiar with the clues. Tnx in advance.

edit: and this is the only picture I have...

6306fb4f0e9b4261ba693f62975ce7bb.jpg

Yes 22inch. Looks like a good deal in this pic. Tough to say without seeing inside. But I'd pull the trigger if it were near me!

One thing to ask the seller is whether the gas assist works. If it doesn't, it's probably a very easy fix, and you could likely get them to knock a few dollars off the asking price for the trouble. Other than that, it's a third-generation Performer with all attached components apparently present. I'd say $100 is a pretty fair price, but like all transactions, it comes down to whether the buyer wants it and the seller is willing to part with it for the agreed price. Worst case is that this Performer doesn't scratch your friend's itch, and he ends up with a severe case of Weberitis.

This looks exactly like my 2014 model, if everything works , I can only see a few major mods to the basic grill. The upgraded bale,metal table, once the lid is off maybe a grate, and baskets if missing. Then all you need is a couple hours of cleaning. And you have a great cooker for many years.

It looks just like the third-gen Performer that we got this spring for $100, except ours is Brick Red, and the previous owners had never used the gas assist (yellow plastic cap was even still on the gas bottle attachment). Even though it had never been used, the gas assist didn’t work when we got it home, but a little bit of cleaning and compressed air brought it right back. It seems that just using the grill will fill the gas tube with soot, and then the spiders move in behind that.

Weber customer service gave me a great deal on the upgraded bail and metal table.

Back