Introduction / question on the Genesis 3 burner

AMushin

Hello,

My name is Aaron and I am a new member here located in San Diego, CA (nice to meet everyone). I am replacing an old genesis 3 burner from 10 years ago, all signs point to getting the new version (genesis II 3 burner propane) based on the research I have done. 2 part Question for the group, my space is limited in my yard and the only way to make it work would be to remove the longer side table...looks like 4 bolts and a pretty easy removal (can anyone confirm?). Also, Weber's official statement is to not modify their grills in any way, has anyone had issue with operating this model with only one side table (balance?). I am pretty sure about the answers to both but before spending $1k I would just like to hear from some seasoned experts. TYIA for the help!

Hi Aaron. Welcome.

If you have a costco near you, you might want to check out the Genesis E335 they have had on sale for $779 the LH side table should be easy to remove.

I like the sear burner on my older E330 and for me I would not have a front control Genesis without the sear burner.

1688575058481.png

I am with you. I beleive the left side table is stand alone and can easily and safely be removed and still be able to use the grill. The right side table for that grill would be another totally different situation though.

Or, you leave the side table off and if you should feel the need to make a warranty claim, you put it back on. That is, unless leaving it off would somehow be deemed unsafe.

I am with you. I beleive the left side table is stand alone and can easily and safely be removed and still be able to use the grill. The right side table for that grill would be another totally different situation though.
Curious the difference between the two other than a slightly longer length (this is the model without the side burner)

Welcome Aaron, I'm sorry that you don't have the room for the entire grill in your yard area. Since you are planning on buying a new grill it's simply a matter of not installing that left side table to begin with. I wouldn't consider that to be modifying, just not completing assembly. In other words, do what you got to do and don't worry about it. Just keep the extra parts if something changes in the future.

Back