Interesting Rub....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don C.

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok, some of you may know that I use a flour sifter to apply my rub. This leaves me with left over, uncontainamitaed rub.

These left overs I have been storing in an air-tight jar and will soon have enough to give the "mystrey blend" a try.

Anyone else think of this?

Rath *stoking the coals of imagination*

not exactly, but I like it.
I have a few of those stainless steel spice cans, and found a sifter lid that fits. Its like those Starbucks cocoa things.
I usually add some thyme or other spices and grind them in a mortar, the fine screen will stop any twiggy bits I may have missed from getting thru.

morgan

I do the same thing with meal for frying fish. I call it my never ending supply of fish meal. It never tastes the same twice.

subdude

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ok, some of you may know that I use a flour sifter to apply my rub. This leaves me with left over, uncontainamitaed rub.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Rath, I didn't know!! I like the idea though, I might have to give it a try!

Rath,

My last cook, a nice 6 lb butt was done with leftover rubs. I always add the leftover rub to the next new batch. Its always a little different. The problem is that if it happens to produce a really good flavor, it is impossible to duplicate it. But who cares, its always delicious !!!!!

Now, what to cook this weekend ??????
Maybe a small chucker would be nice !!

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back