Injection Question

Jason Pedu

TVWBB Member
Hi thereeveryone. Loving my new addiction, thanks to all of your posts.
I’m going to smoke a couple of shoulder roasts this weekend. Weather it’s a butt or not I don’t know. Butt, they cook like one. I was going to inject one with Chris Lilly’s recipe for a taste test at the annual party this weekend.
My question is:
If it is a boneless, rolled, shoulder roast ( already tied in a netting ) , will it hold the injection juice? Or, because it’s rolled will it all just flow out, and not stay in the meat.? Would it be a waste of time?

Thanks,
Jason

Will it leak? Ohhhhh yeah! But that's just the nature of the beast. Anytime you inject some injection is going to seep out. Just make sure you're injecting into the meat and not part of the roll, if you get my drift.

Personally, I don't inject. I find that the end results of injections aren't usually worth the hassle and mess. That's not to say that I haven't had some pretty tasty pork that was injected. I have. It's just not for me.

Rick

Jeepers Rick,
Your quick. That’s what I’m wondering. Inject just the meat and not the rolled part. Maybe a little time consuming trying to hit just the meat. It tastes so good to begin with, how much better can it taste. And is it worth the time. You have me leaning towards not doing it. I live in Lake Placid NY and the bears have gotton a little active over the past couple of weeks. So do I spend the time mixing and injecting. Then only have my four legged friend taste it.
I don’t know.
Thanks for your response,
Jason

Back