Indian Meatballs

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
1615510775316.png

This is what DH made for dinner tonight. I already ate one meatball before I remembered to ask DH to take a picture. lol He spiralized zucchini and yellow squash and made a very delicious garlic sauce, and so were the meatballs.

Indian Meatballs

1 1/2 lb ground chuck
1/4 cup instant minced onions
2 TB. ground coriander
1 3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
6 TB. soft bread crumbs

Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Shape into 1 1/2" balls. Place in baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Turn; bake 15 minutes longer.

Hi Joe, the only thing I can tell you is that the recipe came from a very old "Ground Beef" cookbook that belonged to my Aunt. One of those cookbooks that people here in the U. S. submitted their recipes, not a true India recipe.

Hi Joe, the only thing I can tell you is that the recipe came from a very old "Ground Beef" cookbook that belonged to my Aunt. One of those cookbooks that people here in the U. S. submitted their recipes, not a true India recipe.
So they are probably "Native American Meatballs";-}

Joe, on checking out the book, I found another meatball recipe from a woman in Georgia called "Calcutta Beef". Probably because she used curry powder and thought it made the recipe "Indian". :rolleyes: :oops:

There are over 500 ground beef recipes in this book. Let's see what other trouble I can get in. lol. I forget how to read Roman numerals. This book was published back in MCMLXVII. Anyone know what year that was? 1967?

Last edited:

Back