Imperial Sequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno K

I contacted Weber about this grill and was surprised. They told me they had nothing more than a picture of it in black and white and that it debuted in 1968. I was really disappointed. The timeline photo was at least in color. It was made of redwood. The color is avacado.
Does anyone out there know anything else about it?
25793_1103294639674_1745996314_185351_4375212_n.jpg

only thing i know is that you got one and i don't. i hope you plan on rehabing it. nice to see the oldies popping up now and again.

I am not going to try and strip the redwood. It will stay black and be cleaned up and the wood will be sealed. Then a cover will be put on it and it will be put in the shed. It is a beauty.

Geno,
Just wondering what type of ash catcher system it has, with the base of the kettle being enclosed in wood.
BTW, Very nice!!

A standard style ash pan rests in a wire frame. The ash pan is missing so I will get one from a 22 in kettle.

theres a couple in that album. are you looking for something specific ? i can take some more.
i got that grill from the peaple who got it as a wedding gift in 1968. the cart has been restained but its all origanal.

I have had this grill since 1972. Great shape over all. I have begun sanding off the old paint and will replace the wheels and some of the redwood that has weathered and split. The only grill I have ever had. i love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back