I'm sure it's too late.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk J

TVWBB Member
for a response but I'll ask anyway. It's almost 10 am and my brisket is at 188. I'm going to pull it at 195 and put the point back on for burnt ends. No way can I keep the flat warm until 5 or 6 pm, in a cooler. Should I slice it refrigerate and reheat? Refrigerate, reheat then slice? Or try and keep it warm in cooler and then oven? Or keep warm in oven all day??

I would cool, reheat and then slice.
When reheating add beef broth or apple juice and heat slowly. Once hot slice and serve. Once you start cutting brisket it will dry quickly, just the nature of the beast.
Jim

Thanks a million for the quick response Jim. I just pulled it off and will through it in the fridge until I pull the point back off.

Kirk...

I had the same problem about three weeks ago. I wrapped the meat in heavy tinfoil and let it cool for about an hour. I then placed it in the refrigerator until an hour before I was ready to serve it. I heated the meat in the oven at 225 degrees until it was warm and the juices were flowing again. Sliced , sprinkled on a little more rub and barbecue sauce...it was delicious.

Enjoy and CHEERS!!!

bugg /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've noticed the quick drying out in roasts like you mentioned about the brisket Jim. Just did a Sirloin Tip Roast yesterday. Pulled it at 137f. Let it rest for a half and hour to 40 minutes. Sliced and it was very juicy and tender. But by the time I got it all cutt up and had the meat slices in a pile they seemed to be starting to dry out already. Guess you gotta get that stuff out and eat ASAP huh?

Thanks guys, everything worked out great. Reheated flat on Saturday with some broth at 250 until temp reached 145 or so.......sliced and was wonderful. Did the same with the point tonight and cut up for burnt ends....again fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back