I'm ready!!!!

Originally posted by glen jones:
Thinking ahead.....i want to paint my tamale pot black.What is the procedure on painting the aluminum?I don't think I have ever painted any alumium.

Light coats so it doesn't drip. Took me three coats to do mine. Done in about 15 minutes.

Thanks J.
I got my sjg yesterday and grill some hamburgers and hot dogs today.
That is one little cooking machine.My tamale pot supposed to be here next week...can't wait.

Originally posted by Anthony W.:
I have found my tamale steamer 42$ up here in Canada but did not have to pay shipping and I scored a vintage brand new Smokey Joe with wooden handles 10$. I just spent an hour looking for info where to cut. I'm using a jigsaw with a metal blade and was wondering where would be the perfect place to cut, if I understood correctly it would be an inch or so
from where it curves to the bottom. Thanks guys.

Anthony

Hi Anthony
A fellow Canadian having trouble locating a suitable pot to use. Where did you find yours?

Howdy, Anthony!

Congratulations on finding the SJ and the tamale pot in the GWN!

Here is a link to the charcoal basket I fashioned for my set up.
RHHutchins

The diameter is roughly that of the charcoal grate. I put unlit around the perimeter and lit in the middle in a modified Minion approach. I put hardwood chunks between the outer edge of the basket and the SJS - just a few to give it flavor. I then place a lit coal next to each hardwood chunk.

HTH

Back