I'm Mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Saunders

TVWBB Member
I knew I should have cooked a bigger turkey. I'm mad at my self for not doing so.

I have no leftovers for sandwiches. That is always a big part of Thanksgiving to me - eating a sandwich or two on the days following.

There is a breast in the freezer that is calling my name. Mike, Mike, put me on the bullet!

I believe I will.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Go for it RIGHT NOW! You'll feel better. I smoked one and roasted one (both 12-pounders). Making cherry-chipotle mayo for sandwiches for today.Mmm.

Agreed---leftovers are at least half the fun! Our bird was kinda small, too, but I'm headed up to visit my friend on her farm for Thanksgiving redux (mostly so her many cats can partake in the festivities). Even there I often get a 20 lber, but we just have a wee 14 lber this time. Hmmm. I wonder if I should get a breast, too....

You go Mike!

The opposite happened to me on our Thanksgiving ... open invitation to family, no one came AND Grandma and stole all of the kids for the holiday.

There my wife and I were with the smoked 28.5lb bird between us on the table. At times I could only see the top of her head.

We ate valiantly but only put a small dent in it.

Ok Kevin..........I'm doing it. Pulled a 11 pound butterball breast out of the freezer and water-thawed it. It's 4PM and I just put it on the bullet.

I will have it done in time for supper!

Susan..if you go with your last thought you will have leftovers... Dont be crying later like I was.

Shawn...I guess you got a large dose of triptopnan (did I spell that right?) Thats a lot of bird for two folks. You will have sandwiches all week!

Yummmmmmmmm

Mikeeeeeeeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back