I'm considering a new oven

I'm enjoying the new range quite a bit - did the lasagna posted above, then the next night I did the cast iron potato on the skillet (delish), tonight I did some burgers in the 12" lodge logic skillet (amazing<<cooked 4 at a time>>) and tater tots (& finished the bacon) in the oven. Everything's worked perfectly with this so far. Just some slight adjustments and I'll be just fine I'm sure.

what do you guys use to keep the black top clean? I was using Invisible Glass today (kinda like Windex)... what do you use for grease, cleaning, & polishing?

I'am not sure your suppose to use CI on those glass top's, I know years ago my mom had one & CI was not recomended for it only clad pan's where but that was year's ago.... As for cleaning it all try to remember what it was she used i know it was a simple store bought cleaner

Last edited:
LOL Sorry i should of read all the post ... Teach's me to reply when being way to tired to read .

what do you guys use to keep the black top clean?

I generally just use dish soap and warm water. Tougher baked on grundge usually comes off with a 'green' scratch-free pad/sponge. If I really make a greasy mess, then I squirt the whole top down with Greased Lightening, let is soak for a few minutes, then wipe clean.

Paul

what do you guys use to keep the black top clean? I was using Invisible Glass today (kinda like Windex)... what do you use for grease, cleaning, & polishing?

On my black cook top which is glass w/ gas burners I use Clorox Clean-Up w/ Bleach.

Tim

I will spray glass cleaner on the top and if its baked on I use a razor blade. works every time. Just be sure to only go in one direction with the blade not back and forth. The back and forth motion will scratch the glass. Same goes with mirrors.

Back