I'm a smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Drewery

TVWBB Super Fan
Anyone else?? I have two ~8# butts going on the top and two ~4# flats going on the bottom. I marinated one flat overnight in wine, worchestishire(sp?), apple and grape juice then did a wet rub on both flats this AM.

This is my first brisket I looked all over for a hole brisket BJ's and walmart were out of stock and no place else here carried them.

Meat went on at 7AM and I ma monitoring the cook with my brand new ET-73. I wish it wasn't too early for a cold adult beverage:-0

Mike

I put two 7 lb. butts on last night at 8:00 p.m. Went to bed @ 11:30 with the lid reading 210. Woke up at 3:30 and looked: Lid @ 200. Just got up @ 5:30 a.m. and, you guessed it, the lid is @ 200.

Added water, basted, and cracked the vents open to raise the temp a few degrees... This thing is amazing to hold overnight like that and only move 10 degrees!

I'm sleeping all the way through next time!!

P.S. Cooking with BGE lump. It sure seems to work as good as I read about Kingsford, but with no start-up smell as the "Method" moves along and less ash.

Mike,
It is not too early for adult beverages!! "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". So just pretend you are "somewhere" and enjoy the weekend! I have a hard time finding whole briskets too, until I found a butcher right up the road that sells them all of the time! It would be a little trip for you from Richmond, Va to Catlett, Va. But if you need a whole brisket it would be worth the drive!!

Well, the two seven pounders I did last night came out great! 16 hours, but since I held the temp to around 200 for much of the time that should be expected.

I used the Southern Succor rub, but in reflection I think I might cut down on the cummin and pepper a touch.

What a great lunch that was!!! Pulled pork that beats and restaurant in Orange County by a mile.

MH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back