If, at First, You don’t Succeed, Try, Try, Again

Greg Part

TVWBB Fan
My second attempt at rotisserie kebabs. My first attempt last weekend turned out somewhat ”charred” (read; burned). This afternoon turned out perfectly (IMHO). Indirect high heat (front and rear burners on high, center off), hood thermometer read 400 F. All I did was adjust the grill time. Marinated in Lea & Perrins cracked peppercorn for 5 hours , added kosher salt and Famous Dave’s Rub immediately before skewering and then 30 minutes rotissing.

1st pic is from last weekend, 2nd & 3rd pics from this afternoon.

BTW, the white metal mesh table is one my Dad purchased in 1974 when we lived overseas. It was rusted pretty badly but I couldn’t get myself to let go of it, plus, it has folding legs which appears to be a rarity. I took it to a sandblasting business 18 months ago and it’s now as good as new again and should last another 48 years (with proper care).

3288B173-6826-431D-9C30-2CBB6E3DCCC7.jpeg

56CB7CE3-4A8B-468C-A28A-D0A7A31EC770.jpeg

C5C0B9EF-9D0E-4261-93AF-213218E10253.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll take one please! Obviously a great adjustment. I’m always learning something new with my grill(s).
Thanks for the compliment. Belonging to this community has made tips and techniques I’ve heard, seen and read about a simple attempt away. I’ve definitely been encouraged by this group.

Back