ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenA

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

I just was given a weber kettle that I would like to have identified by you knowledgable kettleheads, but cant figure out how to upload a picture.

It is a 18.5 style grill with a solid bottom bowl. The inlet vents are a pair of one-inch holes on opposite sides from each other (4 holes total) and one normal exhaust vent on the lid. The 3 legs are made of flat pieces of aluminium about an inch wide that are shaped into a oblong loop each, and results in a narrow total "footprint" of less than a foot in diameter. (very easy to tip over)

I looked at the 1973 product catalog in this thread, and it looks the most like a "Traveller" style grill I think.

Let me know how to post a pic and we can get rolling, thanks!

Now that I look at the 1973 product catalog, mine does not have the bottom spin vents. The vents in this mystery grill are midway up the sides, between the coal grate and the cooking grate. And of course, the round legs are replaced by flat metal loops. Thanks again.

Smokey Joe Platinum, AKA Jumbo Joe.

41W8ENBT8EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

AJ, that is spot on, exactly what I got. I see now that whoever put the legs on this one did it backwards so that the SJP was alot taller with a narrow footprint. I will switch them back asap for better stability.

Thanks for the help on the ID! You guys rock.

Ken,
If you want it to last longer, use some Stainless Steel hardware on it.
Does yours have a wood handle?
AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back