I think I need another grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did grilled salmon on maple planks last night {marinade of 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup of powdered wasabi}

WELL six planks don't fit on a 22" Weber, so I told my wife I need another grill and she did NOT say don't even think about it
icon_biggrin.gif

Also threw a steak on for youngest son, and a good time was had by all.

next big family feeding will be in the WSM for ribs that should be big enough until I can find a performer at a good price oh, and GREEN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary McD:
I would recommend a Performer! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that is what I am thinking, I have a smokey joe coming for lunches when I don't need to fire up a 22" I want a used performer I have a new cooking grill from my 22 gold since I changed it for the heavy duty cast iron grate.... ok who am I kidding, I will get that for the new kettle too
icon_razz.gif

If the wife isn't complaining, go for it now. Do not wait another day. You know how wifeys are about changing their minds. Of course, the day you buy, expect to see 3 new pairs of shoes, 2 new dresses and a new hand bag.

Dont think about it...just buy one. She will get over it..When you produce lots of quality grub. I agree w/ the performer..it is one of the best things I ever bought...I will never be w/out one. This is your sub-conscious speaking....buy one...buy a performer Dan
icon_biggrin.gif

I love my vintage stainless steel RED Performer, BUT, I would love to have a 26" One-Touch Gold! I'll bet I could get six smoking planks on that bad boy!!!

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I think I need another grill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a greater truth has never been spoken.

Hey Dan, I started on my wife in the early spring about getting the OTG and she fought it tooth and nail all the way. I had to wait until she was vulnerable or until I had a better bargaining position. It’s sort of like a chess match. The opportunity came for both about a month ago.

My opening came when I noticed that my wife was feeding a stray kitten. I asked her if she was thinking of adopting this one as well as the two we already have. She said she wasn’t but I know what her real no’s sound like when I hear them. Therefore, I told her we don’t need another worthless mouth to feed, when we already have two cats and a dog. Besides, the predators will probably catch her before you do…especially with those two new hawks we have in the neighborhood. Check. My wife looked up to the sky and I knew I had my new OTG on the way.

She tried to say this was no time to use a poor defenseless kitten as a bargaining chip, besides I already owned a gas grill and smoker. I told her she had two cats. Check. She said you have a dog. Who guards the house, I added. Check. My cats catch mice she desperately countered! Ok I said, do you want me to take photos when the hawks start eating the cat? Check. Now I own OTG 22” and I got to name the cat. Her name is Stripe. Checkmate! My wife and daughter can’t stand the name.

icon_wink.gif

Dan- Take a look at the Weber 26.75 OTG.

I have one and love it! Not sure how big your planks are, but the 26.75 might be able to handle all 6. It takes a lot less fuel to burn one 26.75 grill compared to 22" grills.

Just my opinion.

Whatever you choose, getting a new grill is always a great day!

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank Mastrogiovanni:
Hey Dan, I started on my wife in the early spring about getting the OTG and she fought it tooth and nail all the way. I had to wait until she was vulnerable or until I had a better bargaining position. It’s sort of like a chess match. The opportunity came for both about a month ago.

My opening came when I noticed that my wife was feeding a stray kitten. I asked her if she was thinking of adopting this one as well as the two we already have. She said she wasn’t but I know what her real no’s sound like when I hear them. Therefore, I told her we don’t need another worthless mouth to feed, when we already have two cats and a dog. Besides, the predators will probably catch her before you do…especially with those two new hawks we have in the neighborhood. Check. My wife looked up to the sky and I knew I had my new OTG on the way.

She tried to say this was no time to use a poor defenseless kitten as a bargaining chip, besides I already owned a gas grill and smoker. I told her she had two cats. Check. She said you have a dog. Who guards the house, I added. Check. My cats catch mice she desperately countered! Ok I said, do you want me to take photos when the hawks start eating the cat? Check. Now I own OTG 22” and I got to name the cat. Her name is Stripe. Checkmate! My wife and daughter can’t stand the name.

icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>when the family was 5 {three boys} a 22 was fine, now that the boys are bringing WIVES and GIRLFRIENDS home the 22 does not make it. I wish I could play the stray cat card, but my wife runs off the local strays because our 2 rescue cats run around the house when they wander by
icon_rolleyes.gif

I am checking Ebay and Craigs list for a performer.....

I know the feeling of "needing more grills", like Dan (doD) with the kids growing up and getting married and having grandkids for my wife and I. Our immediate family consist of 10 adults, 3 teenagers and 2 grade school age kids, so I HAD to check eBay and Craigslist. It is so relaxing and less stressful to fire-up enough grills and WSMs so everything is ready at the same time.

last night I fired up the 22.5 for skinless chicken breasts. the package covered the grill. This was for 3 peeps. my wife came out as #3 son was dumping charcoal into my new smokey Joe [for baked potatoes}. her reaction was ANOTHER GRILL?! I said I needed the smaller one so I don't have to fire up all that charcoal for the 22.5..... she accepted that comment, now when I spring the performer
icon_eek.gif

Hey Dan I found a brand new still in the box Performer on Craigslist. Keep checking CL because you will find one too.

Told my gf I was getting a performer (we're trying to save for engagement, wedding and house lol). So to defray the heat, I said I was going to sell my blue master touch.

"If you're collecting why are you selling???"

Score! Ok I was never going to sell it unless she raised a stink.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim C:
i've convinced my wife its not just cooking, i'm a collector </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well I collect cameras so that won't fly, I did find a brand mew in box OTG 22.5 plus cover and tools for $85 so it is on the porch waiting for the next family cook out...and for her to come home
icon_eek.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

i think i need to go get a check up. i passed on 3 grills in the past month, tho one was a red kettle 150 miles away and another was a red ss that they said was mine then raised the $
icon_mad.gif

its still there for $110. they're on their 3rd cl post too
maybe if its still there in a couple weeks i'll offer her $75 again hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back