I need a Genesis Gold-C, year 2000/2001 expert to answer a question.

MarkCuda

TVWBB Super Fan
I'll try to explain this the best I can.
On my Genesis Gold-C, it has the side burner, the right edge if the side burner sits on a porcelain piece of metal.
With the side burner in place and the plastic piece in place also, you can see just a tinny bit of porcelain color.
Should that color that you see match the lid color, or should it be black, regardless of the lid color ?
The piece of metal in question is at the blaster, other wise I would post a picture of it.

The piece in question is on the right side of the side burner.
I'm getting my lid re porcelained in blue color, the piece of metal to the left of the side burner is most definitely color matched to the lid.
But there is a tinny part of the porcelain that shows to the right side of the side burner.
The left side table will also be in blue porcelain.

I got the piece in question back from the blaster, the area that's not black is the blasted part.
When that piece is installed, and the side burner is also installed, half of the blasted area is showing.1000007281.jpg1000007280.jpg1000007279.jpg

Steve, you can not see the piece in question in that picture Dan posted.
Here is the piece in question installed like it should be.
Now you can see how little of the porcelain surface is showing, no matter what color.1000007283.jpg1000007284.jpg1000007282.jpg

I just called Jeff in Independence Missouri and he said I can send that piece any time, doesn't have to be when the lid is redone.
Getting the exact same color he is not concerned with.

Steve, if it's porcelain black, I will just have that piece powdercoated, not porcelained.

I wish some one with the blue lid Genesis and side burner would see this and respond.
Not much color shows at all.1000007285.jpg

Last edited:
Original owner of a 2000 that was sold off awhile ago... right side was all the same color of black for mine. BTW, be very careful of the plastic table/shelf bezels... I sheared the screw mounts when gripping the plastic ends to lift the whole grill.

This was actually the grill that made me take the dive into the rabbit-hole of "rescuing" Webers. The left lid endcap was broken in a wind storm and I scoured all over the place looking a replacement... never did. But, I found this group and now can't stop bringing old-school grills home!

20220628_163141.jpg

I just called Jeff in Independence Missouri and he said I can send that piece any time, doesn't have to be when the lid is redone.
Getting the exact same color he is not concerned with.

Steve, if it's porcelain black, I will just have that piece powdercoated, not porcelained.

I wish some one with the blue lid Genesis and side burner would see this and respond.
Not much color shows at all.View attachment 94416
My project has a blue lid, but no side burner. Both side tables are also blue. It looks like Weber decided to use black with the black sideburner, but I think it would have been nice if they color matched the hood and other side table, both for the main part left of the burner and that small piece that shows on the right. Myself, I don't think I would be willing to shell out the $ to have the porcelain recoated, but I can't deny it would look great!

You see, if that piece in question is supposed to match the lid, I want to do the restoration exactly as the grill was born, some 23/24 years ago.
If it's black regardless of the lid color, I could just rattle can it and call it good 🤔

I'm 99.9% sure that little piece was black originally. I just can't see Weber going to the trouble and expense of color matching that little piece to the lid and table. I could be wrong of course never actually having that model before.

Well, I called and spoke with Jeff at Independence Porcelain Enamel in Missouri, I am having him Porcelain black the piece to the left of the side burner.
If I was to get a response from a person that has this exact grill in blue and tells me different on the colors, only then I'll worry about the 2 side burner pieces.
Thanks to all that offered up me advice.

Well, I called and spoke with Jeff at Independence Porcelain Enamel in Missouri, I am having him Porcelain black the piece to the left of the side burner.
If I was to get a response from a person that has this exact grill in blue and tells me different on the colors, only then I'll worry about the 2 side burner pieces.
Thanks to all that offered up me advice.
Out of curiosity, what is the normal turnaround time for the porcelain redo? Assuming you have had this stuff done before.

Jeff told me about 4 week turnaround time.
This Tuesday he will have had my stuff for two weeks.
As of today, thay have not started on my stuff.
Now the wife doesn't want to take a road trip down and pick them up 🤨

Back