I need a cover for my Genesis

Dave L.

TVWBB Pro
I want a heavy duty cover for my Genesis. The ones at the store have air vents in them. To me that defeats the purpose of having a cover. Anyone have any recommendations for a cover. I don't really care if is a weber or not. I just want something that will hold up in the weather and keep the grill dry.

Classic® Veranda Cart BBQ Cover - over at Amazon.

Looks like that is the best choice for the Genesis. It has vents - but they have a flap over them to prevent rain getting in.

The cover is actually very well made - heavy duty - and cheaper than the Weber cover.

Medium size fits my E-310 perfectly.

Thanks, I'll go on Amazon and check it out.

Edit: I was just on Amazon reading the reviews. Some say get the medium for the Genesis and some say get the large. My question is, does the medium reach far enough to the ground? About how high from the ground is it?

I can measure when I get home - but from memory it comes down to the end of the frame - so maybe 3-4 inches off the ground.

I got the Weber cover intended to fit the Genesis. I have to say it's the one thing I'm not happy with when it comes to Weber products. Everyone on Amazon complains about the rain but my problem is with the material itself... It's cracked and tearing all over for no good reason. No idea what happened. I might call them and let them know.

Is it in direct sunlight? My Weber Genesis cover has been outside for 14 years and still in great shape. It doesn't get much direct sunlight and is only partially protected from elements by a second story overhang not much wider than the grill itself. My neighbors weber cover is maybe 6 years old in direct sunlight and is a stiff cracked mess. I don't think any consumer material can withstand the Sun. Then again maybe they changed the material. Dan

It's been outside in the direct sun / weather for less than a year. It did blow around the patio a couple of times when it got windy, but it's in really bad shape. The top layer of material (vinyl I guess) is shredded, cracked and torn in many places.

Take a look at the comments at the following on Amazon: Weber 7553 Premium Cover for Weber Genesis Gas Grills. It appears Weber has corrected the rain problem by eliminating the mesh fabric. And the retailers continue "selling through" their inventory of the original design. I returned mine because the design did not make sense to me. I foresaw a potential premature replacement of burner knob a parts. Good luck.....

Yes, after reading all of the complaints, I was surprised to see that mine did not have the dreaded mesh. It keeps the water out. Just the issue with the tearing.

I wasted a lot of money on covers for my grills. THey never get used. I'm too **** lazy.

But you want the vents I believe to prevent mold etc by trapped condensation.

I have had trouble with my 2-year old Genesis cover cracking as well (but my WSM cover is holding up much better). I recently bought a new cover from Koverroos.com. Haven't had it long enough to know how it will hold up but so far I like it. Lightweight and water resistant...also bought a cover for my patio table. They have several types of material available. Ask if any shipping discounts are available.

Back