I know it's late, but...

Dennis Cramer

TVWBB Member
On the 4th of July I rolled six slabs of ribs for a party I was at and had fantastic results. I used a modified 3-2-1 method on the WSM. Everyone kept waiting for me to finally pull them off the WSM after nearly 5 to 6 hours cooking. The ribs were absolutely fantastic and everyone kept coming up to me with compliments. I'm pretty certain most people at the party never had slow-cooked ribs. Even had one guy take (he asked) a half slab home with him. It was so cool to hear his wife tell me these are like competition-winning type ribs.

The host of the party made ribs earlier that would make you cringe. He cooks them directly over high heat and they come out like leather. We are planning a small ribfest amongst friends and I know his ribs won't even compete.

Anyways, I wanted to share my story on my successful rib cook. I'm very modest so it was great to hear such nice compliments.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It never gets old hearing people go on about what good Q you make. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially when they like it so much that they mention that "if your day job every falls through, you can fall back on your BBQ cooking".

Back