I know, I know...Weber pricing is set, but...

Brian Ki.

...every once in a while I hear about "great deals" you can get at the end of the summer. My buddy swears that the Genesis grills are discounted by $100-$125 at the large hardware stores at this time.

Any thoughts?

might wanna check amazon. they have lowers prices at times. if you buy from amazon, make sure you go through this site so chris gets some $$$.

Last years models too. My local "garden center" thats a Weber dealer, has last years Performer for $300. Its temping, but dont really have the extra ching.

Brian,I bought my Genesis last year at Lowes in september,the "end" of grilling season. It was marked down to $625,from $650. Luckily ,I had a coupon for $25 off. But, I saw the same grill a couple weeks ago. Still $625.

Originally posted by Brian Ki.:
...every once in a while I hear about "great deals" you can get at the end of the summer. My buddy swears that the Genesis grills are discounted by $100-$125 at the large hardware stores at this time.

Any thoughts?

We bought a Weber Spirit for our church at the end of last grill season and it was marked down from 400 to 280. The Genesis were marked down too, but I can't remember how much. Since it was out of our budget range, I wasn't really paying attention to the prices of the Genesis.

This was at Wally world.

Thanks gang! I have been keeping my eye on Lowes. It looks that they only sell the units with porcelain grates and bars.

Has anyone seen the upgraded Genesis line at the big box stores?

got this from techbargains.com

Weber Genesis S310 Gas Propane Grill Series 3770001 Stainless Steel $699 Free Ship , May. 26 3 PM
Home Depot has the Weber Genesis Series 3770001 Grill for a low $699 Free shipping after $100 off $750-$999 Coupon Code: BATH100U5 Tax in most. (or if you want a Summit, use $150 off $1000-$1499 Coupon Code: BATH150P6
637 sq. in. Cooking Surface; 3 Stainless Steel Burners, Stainless Steel Cooking Grates/Flavorizer Bars and Stainless Steel Shroud, legendary Weber reliability and support

Thanks gang! I have been keeping my eye on Lowes. It looks that they only sell the units with porcelain grates and bars.

Has anyone seen the upgraded Genesis line at the big box stores?
All you will find in the big boxes is the E series Genesis grills which are black copper or green and have the porcelain and cast iron internals. If you want the upgraded EP series with all stainless internals then you have to go to your local True Value, Ace, or independent authorized Weber dealer. If you find a Genesis EP discounted $125 grab it! That store or dealer is selling at less than his cost and Ill bet that good of a deal may be hard to find.

FYI...Memorial Day discount for Veterans: I just purchased a new Genesis E-310 and cover from Lowe's and got a $70 discount by showing a copy of my DD-214 and a picture ID. HD which is closer would not discount Weber at all. Guess who gets my business from now on?

Any thoughts?
Yep, I bought my Summit Gold D back in Oct of 04 for $989.00, original price was $1999.00 Keep your eyes open, you have to be quick, cause they don't last long.
icon_wink.gif

Check out aimtofind.com
I just got a Summit S-470 for $1500.00
Best price that I could find and the shipping is free.

Any thoughts?

I just found 2 floor model (I assume) Genesis 310s on sale locally for $519.

Now, my 8 year old Charbroil or whatever is on it's last legs.

Would I be crazy not to jump on this prices? Pre-assembled doesn't mean anything, it isn't like it was actually used or anything.

Are they E series or EP series grills? Either way its a really good price but if they are EPs its a steal! Wont find them any cheaper...and assembled is a bonus! Takes an hour to throw one together if you have never assembled one before.

I am pretty sure is is only the E series, but my wife found a coupon for the store as well. I will give it a shot maybe today and see if i can get it to work.

Thanks for the help.

I went ahead and did it. It is a Black Genesis E310. It was normally prices $659, and sale for $519, then they had a $20 off coupon for the 4th weekend, and when I checked out I got a coupon for a free tank fill. It took the coupon to the gas station, and they just gave me a free full tank ($47 value). Not a bad turnout, ~$530 for the grill, plus one full and one empty tank.

This was at the Lansing Meijer store on Saginaw, and they had one left. I checked the one on the south side (for a green one) and they had none.

Back