I have Ya'll to blame!

John E.

Hello , I made some pastrami with store bought corned beef. I let it soak in cold water for a day and a half changing the water 3times and added ice each time. It was soaking in a small cooler. I put the cooking rub on it and wrapped it in plastic wrap and put in the frig for 1 1/2 days. I cooked it on my smoker with some hickory for about 3 1/2 hours, till it was average 162 degs. Wraped it in foil and let it set in my cooler with a towel for about 2 hours and then we had sandwiches. NOW they want me to do it all of the time. How am I goging to get anything done around here now! LOL
Thank ya'll for the help it was a winner!
John E.

John,

If you liked the corned beef to pastrami trick, I HIHGLY recommend that you try making one from scratch. It is my opinion (and I'm a pastrami freak) that making your own tastes better and end up having a higher quality texture. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience, but I assure you that you will find ways to get things done in the hours it takes to make the pastrami. Things like reading about how to make better pastrami, bacon, hams, and all the other delicious things you can cure!

Josh

Back