I had never heard of Q'ing a meatloaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff T Miller

TVWBB All-Star
This is my fourth weekend I have had my WSM and had no plans to use it. I have already used it 5 times. Well today I had to make it 6. I was jonesing that pink smoke ring.

So I go strolling the recipes and find the meatloaf. I varied the recipe a little. I have got to say it was nothing short of excellent. That smoke ring was sooo good. I used some oak, apple, and cherry.

all I can say is this is a great site.

Jeff,
Welcome aboard. You will find out through the TVWBB that you can cook just about anything on your WSM. Wait until you see the recipe for "smoked harboiled eggs"! I haven't tried the meatloaf or the egg yet but they are definitely on my "to-do" list. Glad to hear your meatloaf turned out good!

Jeff, many have done the meatloaf and have had excellent results as you did. I am doing one this coming weekend!

Try a turkey if you haven't already done so!

Jeff,

Great to see another WSM'er from the Miami Valley. You are right this site is excellent, really helps flatten out that learning curve, not to mention the excellent recipes. I've done the meatloaf three times and love it. Still haven't gotten the gumption to do the low & slow bologna yet though
icon_eek.gif
. Happy q-ing.

I won't make meatloaf any other way.

I did 6 of them this past weekend for a family reunion. Cooked for exactly 2 hours at 300 degrees. Excellent smoke ring, taste, everything. Oh how I love my WSM's.

Mark

smoked meatloaf is GREAT. there are some great recipes on the board. if you already didn't after the loaf is firm enough to sit on the rack without a pan or aluminum oil or hwever you did it, take it off and let the whole theing sit in and give it a little more smoke. don't forget to try a good glaze at the end.

welcome aboard..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back