I got tired of trying to find an 18" WSM and picked up a cheapie 16" bullet smoker

Once our 3 kids left the nest, I sold my 22 WSM and bought a 14.5 and it's been amazing. And, I just recently added the Hunsaker Vortex plate to replace the water pan and it works even better now. Use less charcoal and it acts as a flavorizer bar of sorts and makes good clean grilled-flavor smoke for the entire cook. Love my little 14.5.

Welp. The door latch broke on the second use with this smoker. Just now getting around to posting about it.

I wish I could find a cheap, used 18” WSM around here. I can’t justify paying its new obnoxious price lol. It’s now at the same price point the 22” was when I bought mine in 2017.

I only use the 22 for big BBQ jobs since it uses so much coal.

Welp. The door latch broke on the second use with this smoker. Just now getting around to posting about it.

I wish I could find a cheap, used 18” WSM around here. I can’t justify paying its new obnoxious price lol. It’s now at the same price point the 22” was when I bought mine in 2017.

I only use the 22 for big BBQ jobs since it uses so much coal.
Since you have kettle have you thought about getting the Aura Kettle Zone for low and slow. There is a really good thread on here about it. https://tvwbb.com/threads/aura-kettlezone.90315/

A long time ago I cobbled together an ECB (El Cheapo Brinkmann) and that thing cooked some good tasting meat for years. That Char Broil should provide better temperature control and give you good service. Once you get it gunked up the leakage around the lid will likely get better. Have fun.
Yup! I cut my teeth on a couple of Brinkman bullet smokers. Don't remember what Kingsford cost back then but the smokers were ~ $35 each and made for a lot of tasty meals. They were 10 or 12 years old when we moved and /I gave them away. After sitting out in the weather, uncovered, they were still in decent shape.

Back