I Got My Ranch Kettle Today! (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John - congrats on the score. I tell you, no matter how many times I see a picture of that thing, it NEVER looks any smaller, lol. And I'm sure its even much bigger in person.

I could never convince my better half to let me take one of those home, haha.

As I stated earlier about the wheel situation, Weber did come through. Although they only sent me one, when they said they were going to send two. So I called Weber back and explained what happen, the lady on the phone seemed... well not very pleasent. When I told her that it was for a Ranch Kettle, she was asking for a model number... Really? Calling customer service and they not having access to the model numbers? I dont think the model number has ever changed, just date codes. Anyway, she wanted me to call back when I had the model number, as I was at work at the time. Putting off calling back, I went to look at "grill stuff" today. Looky what I found:

DSC01771.jpg

For $2 I couldnt really complain.

Although the wheels werent identical (the ones that came with the grill) they were close. I did have two of the large grey covers, but only one of the Weber rings from the middle wheel. Some people wouldnt have noticed. Me being anal-retentive, they had to match. Weber already sent me one, since it was only $2 I let them off the hook.

The wheels that I like are the first ones. I dont really care for the other two. Plus the first style wheels, match my 22" OTS/G
icon_wink.gif

As a side note, heres some pics of all three types of wheels available for the Ranch Kettle. Just because I like pictures, and Im sure others do too.

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

I still havent used the RK yet. I waiting to take it outside until I get a covered made. Be sure there will be pictures of that as well.
icon_biggrin.gif

That ranch kettle is a thing of beauty! I always stop and gawk at those when I see them at competition.
Post some more pictures when you put that beast to use for the first time!

Fred - If I remember correctly from what I saw on Food Network, the ones they use are custom made for the restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back