I got my first 'catering' order...

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

OK, so I'm not getting paid. In fact, my wife donated my time and money. It's for the senior class parents dinner at my daughter's HS.

But the compliments on my brisket have been great and it's nice getting even a little recognition even though it is pro-bono.

I have to cook 4 flat cut briskets for a Thursday night function. I only have one WSM...I can easily fit two briskets but have not tried more than that. Should I cook some the day before or try to cook all 4 at once?

All experience is appreciated.

Peter

If you have a Big green egg dealer near you get an "Eggstender" it works great and increases cooking capacity

Welcome aboard, Peter!

I always like to have the stuff as fresh as possible, so would be inclined to cook all 4 briskets at the same time.

Here is Chris's section on Increasinig Capacity.....

Increasing Capacity

I have done the soup can deal and it works just fine. When figuring your timing and firing method, take into account all the extra meat.

I use Jim's MM technique for every cook. One of the changes I would make is to light a good 1/2 chimney..if cold, use a full one....I forget where you hail from!

Try your best to do as much of the cooking/slicing/serving as possible at the site. Nothing will get the crowd going more than that nice aromatic whiff when you first crack that foil open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back