I couldn't resist...Cutest little grill / smoker The CG Patio

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
So I saw Tom Horeman's video on the Chargriller Sidebox and then this came up on Nextdoor for $20. I asked her why she was getting rid of it and she likes her Weber kettle better. This grill would likely take a little more up keep as it needs to be kept oiled. It seems like a great design. One air vent on the bottom right in a pull out fire / ash drawer, one air vent on the top left, and 2 cast iron grates. I gave it a good clean up and oiling. I decided to see if it could handle a 9lb pork shoulder. It went for 7 hours on about a dozen briquets, a few pieces of lump, and a couple pieces of oak. I added a few of those pieces of lump about 4 hours in. I love being able to tend the fire by having one grate out and / or sliding the whole fire drawer out. The same day I did the cook Tom posted a vid on the exact same grill.
I love the Q from my Masterbuilt Gravity but I have been joansing to play with fire lately. That is why I have been cooking on my Weber CGA.
Here are some pics and link to his video. Once I added water to the drip tray it held about 250° really well.

20240910_160025.jpg20240910_160059.jpg20240910_160031.jpg20240911_125005.jpg20240910_160108.jpg

The only place that may need some gasket is the back side of the fire drawer as I can see a little light coming in. I compensated by adjusting the air intake a little more closed. I was surprised how well it did. I will probably try some burgers next using indirect and direct sliding the grate right and left.

The only place that may need some gasket is the back side of the fire drawer as I can see a little light coming in. I compensated by adjusting the air intake a little more closed. I was surprised how well it did. I will probably try some burgers next using indirect and direct sliding the grate right and left.
Yes, that video explains a lot about those. Also IIRC he noted in the video that is actually the "burn chamber" for a larger barrel smoker and attaches to it

Yes, that video explains a lot about those. Also IIRC he noted in the video that is actually the "burn chamber" for a larger barrel smoker and attaches to it
It seems that is true of the table top one, but not actually the "Patio" on legs as I don't have that removable panel on the left side where the vent is. The pull out charcoal / burn chamber is really quite genius and wish more charcoal grills had them.

It seems that is true of the table top one, but not actually the "Patio" on legs as I don't have that removable panel on the left side where the vent is. The pull out charcoal / burn chamber is really quite genius and wish more charcoal grills had them.
Oh, I didn't realize there were 2 like that. I assumed they were the same unit(s)

So I saw Tom Horeman's video on the Chargriller Sidebox and then this came up on Nextdoor for $20. I asked her why she was getting rid of it and she likes her Weber kettle better. This grill would likely take a little more up keep as it needs to be kept oiled. It seems like a great design. One air vent on the bottom right in a pull out fire / ash drawer, one air vent on the top left, and 2 cast iron grates. I gave it a good clean up and oiling. I decided to see if it could handle a 9lb pork shoulder. It went for 7 hours on about a dozen briquets, a few pieces of lump, and a couple pieces of oak. I added a few of those pieces of lump about 4 hours in. I love being able to tend the fire by having one grate out and / or sliding the whole fire drawer out. The same day I did the cook Tom posted a vid on the exact same grill.
I love the Q from my Masterbuilt Gravity but I have been joansing to play with fire lately. That is why I have been cooking on my Weber CGA.
Here are some pics and link to his video. Once I added water to the drip tray it held about 250° really well.

View attachment 99838View attachment 99840View attachment 99839View attachment 99842View attachment 99841
That little grill is a steal at retail.

You stole it :)

Burger night. These were the first time I found the 80/20 100% grass fed Wagu burgers at Costco. I figured they deserved charcoal cooking. I totally forgot to shoot the finished product but they were really good.
1726439621562.png

Back