"Hurry-up" Steaks

Charles Howse

TVWBB Wizard
The women went to the grocery Saturday, and last night I discovered they had brought home 4 nice ribeyes, along with a couple of bell peppers, fresh mushrooms and some potatoes for the microwave.
(My daughter is learning to shop very well!)
icon_biggrin.gif

The also brought home: fresh corn on the cob, Tilapia and Swai fillets, LOTS of chicken pieces, and pork chops.

The fire was lit, the steaks were thawed, and the veggies were sliced when the Weather Radio started squalling something about a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for us.
I checked the radar, it looked bad, and only about 10 minutes away.

Since I have a covered deck, I decided to do as much as I could before the worst hit.
I banked all the coals to one side, and threw the steaks on.
3 - 4 minutes per side, with some extra for the wife's steak, which she prefers well done.
icon_frown.gif

Threw them in a pan and inside to the oven to hold.

Got the steamers in the microwave, started the sautéed veggies, when the bottom fell out.

Nothing serious, just a frog-drownin' downpour with some distant thunder.

My steak was med - med-rare, juicy and VERY flavorful.
The 6 y/o grandson said his was the best steak he had ever eaten!
icon_biggrin.gif

Daughter complimented the chef, too, but.....

The one and only opinion that matters...
the wife...
said hers was great!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Done all the way through, but still juicy and tender.

Gonna have to try that "Hurry-up" method again.

Sometimes circumstances force us to experiment.
Glad your new method turned out so well Charles!

Wondering if you had the oven on a low temp to hold?

Sounds like a steak i would love to eat.

And as Bob said experimenting leads to progress.

Bless

hey sounds like you did well ! And as for doing it quick my old boss use to tell the waitres when she ask how done for his steak just wipe its @#$% and run it out here
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wondering if you had the oven on a low temp to hold? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Started it off at 250 for about 15 minutes, then off. Just enough to keep 'em warm.

Back