HUMPHREY'S LUMP & BUTTS OVERNIGHTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Picked up a 2 pack of Nice Butts today at BJ'S toaling 16.63 lbs. price came down a little $1.39 lb.
icon_biggrin.gif
Going to put them on over the Humphrey's Lump with Pecan & Cherry and the GURU. I will post the results of the cook. Bryan

i saw a store in pittsburgh that was selling humphreys lump and was gonna buy some... till the told me it was $17.75 per 20 pound bag.
icon_confused.gif
thats over twice as much as i can get it for if i drive a little while. next week i'm gonna go get 15 or 20 bags and stash it in the basement if bryan says he like it a lot. otherwise... i'm gonna stick with royal oak. 17.75 a bag... what are they smokin besided lump?

i figure it will take me about an hour and a half to get to humphreys warehouse. i'm gonna get 2-40 pounders for someone else and about 20-20 bags for myself. unless the owner gave me the wrong price on the phone it's absolutely worth the drive.

all i need to hear now from bryan is if it's that much better than royal oak...

At 9:30 pm i lit 20 briqs and put Head Country Rub on the Butts. Put 6 lbs. of Hump Lump in the charcoal ring along with 2 fist sized pieces of Apple and 2 Cherry wood. Ay 9:50 pm i put the briqs on top the Lump assembled the WSM and turned on the Guru and went inside. 10:20 pm went out to check the temp and it was at 225 (the temp i'll be smoking at). Went out again at 1:00 am everythings fine. I have not opened up the WSM just checked the temp on the Guru
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

I believe that they are charging about $17.00 per 20# around here too. I bought a couple of bags last year, it really is great stuff. However, ever since Stogie posted GFS has Royal Oak for $8.00 per 20# thats the only brand of lump I have been using. Maybe they'll put the Humphries on sale at the end of the summer. I'll keep me eyes open.

WOW Just the oposite here for me. I pay $12.99 for a 20lb bag of R O. I picked up the Hump Lump for $9.70 for 20 lb and the 40 lb for
$ 18.90
icon_eek.gif
Bryan

EDIT: 20 lb $9.75
40 lb $18.40

Well the cook went great. Did i like the Hump Lump yes i did. The burn time is definatley longer than royal oak. But the H L is smaller in size than the R O. So if you didn't do a charcoal grate mod you will loose alot down through the grate. Since i can get the H L for $3.00 les a 20 lb bag than R O i will continue to use it. I added 4 lbs at the 14 hr mark and at the 20 hr mark i pulled the butts and lifted off the mid section and there was 1/2 ring of lump left.
icon_eek.gif
I was cooking at 225 the whole time. The Guru worked perfect once again.
icon_smile.gif
Bryan

Bill The Big White Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 can be filled to the top with it.
icon_eek.gif
Let me know. It's not a problem. 40 lbers are a little cheaper but harder to handle. Bryan

Harder to handle?...Didn't I read that you are 6'5" 250 or so? You should easily be able to load that into the back of my Yukon SUV!
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Hays:
Harder to handle?...Didn't I read that you are 6'5" 250 or so? You should easily be able to load that into the back of my Yukon SUV!
icon_biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bill, add another 20 on it.
icon_rolleyes.gif
It's just so big and bulky when going to dump it into the WSM.
icon_eek.gif
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back