How well does that Weber Copper Color hold up?

Kent Perry

TVWBB Fan
I'm Jonesing for a copper platinum, but want to know from others how well that copper finish holds up? Does it discolor or chip more easily than traditional black?

Thanks in advance.

I've had a Genesis gas grill with the copper finish for about 3 years and the One-Touch charcoal grill with the copper finish for about 6 months now. Both still look great and I haven't noticed any problems with the color at all. I use them several times a week (along with my WSM) and I don't always put the covers on them when I'm finished. Still, they look great after just a quick rinse. They are awesome looking and I'd highly recommend you getting one (or two).

Hi Kent; it's my understanding that Weber does a two step enamel process with all their colored grills. First they receive the black coating and then the finish color in a second application. Some folks have reported crazing in the finish from banking coals against the sides of their colored kettles - I've had a red and a blue kettle and have not experienced that though. I think the color would hold up as well as the black.

Back